Swan Housing Dissatisfied Resident

Saturday 20 September 2014

AMAZON.CO.UK and DPD.CO.UK scandal

Amazon Logistics and DPD have both let me down badly when they delived the TV stand I ordered. On each of the days 9th , 10th,11th,12th,13th and 14th September AMAZON.CO.UK sent an email saying that the AMAZON package would be delivered on that day. For six days in succession I was let down by Amazon logistics and DPD who couldn't find my flat although I had requested Amazon to have the driver phone me to help him locate my flat. Each time the AMAZON (and DPD)driver said i was not at home , although I was. In one case on the 12th Sep the DPD driver said that he had actually left a calling card through my door. The video shows how ludicrous this DPD driver's excuse was because he would never have had access through the main entrance without me giving him access from my flat through the intercom system. Finally on the 13th Sep ,I decided enough was enough and traced the trajectory of the DPD driver though DPD's tracking system . When I saw that the dpd driver had spent 20 min in Stepney Way(300 yards from my flat) I rushed down looking for his van. I finally found the DPD driver and confronted him and prevented him from driving away as the other AMAZON and DPD drivers had done in the preceding five days. I only got my package because I had to take the initiative and chase the DPD driver through the streets of London instead of the DPD delivering it to me!!!

Amazon.co.uk have refunded the full cost of the package which was the only decent course of action . AMAZON.CO.UK have however denied me the right to publish my critical review of the purchase in the Amazon.co.uk website in which I clearly stated that there was no problem with Amazon.co.uk's product itself but with the Amazon Logistics and DPD delivery which was extremely bad.
DPD are meant to be investigating but have thus far not contacted me directly nor apologized to me directly.
This is really a scandal for both AMAZON.CO.UK and DPD.CO.UK

No comments:

Post a Comment